Thursday, June 24, 2010

花火 (Hanabi--literally, Flowers of Fire)

Mood: Filled with happy memories and sad to go
Listening to: Train by Ketsumeishi

Sorry for the long pause in blogging. After falling sick for about a month and a week (I had 3 different colds and a stomach virus. By the end I was just kind of like this
and wanting it all to stop please.) I had a bunch of homework to catch up on (I felt like this: ) and things just kind of snowballed until school ended just last week. Happy with my grades and now getting ready to leave for Tokyo tomorrow.

It's already the last day of my homestay; I'm leaving early in the morning tomorrow to go to Tokyo for my summer internship. I'm really sad to leave my host family, as they have been very wonderful to me and been a great help to me.

They took me out yesterday for 焼肉食べ放題 (yakiniku tabehoudai--all-you-can-eat BBQ meat :D based on Korean BBQ, but Japanese style) and it was DELICIOUS.

Host mommy cooking meat. Yummy!

I even ate a bowl of raw meat, which surprisingly tasted really good. I guess after all the sashimi I've eaten and also raw horse sashimi, this wasn't so much of a stretch.

Raw egg and raw meat looks intimidating, but it was good!

Host family at the restaurant :)

Host family with me after we finished eating! We were all so full, but it was DELICIOUS XD

After we got home, it was already around 10PM--really dark outside and perfect for 花火 (hanabi--fireworks!). It was my first experience with these but I had a really great time. You can get these small hanabi (they call fireworks in the sky hanabi too) at many convenience stores and they look like this:

We went outside and my host mom lit up a little candle out on a piece of paper.


Then we proceeded to hanabi! My first hanabi looked like this:



We also got some pretty cool pictures :)


Host mom


Host sister





It's already the last night I'm sleeping here...so sad! I'm really going to miss my host family...but Tokyo should be fun :)



No comments:

Post a Comment